Miracles for Myeloma is about supporting each other. Creating a team increases visibility within the community, gather friends and family together all while having fun. One way to do this is to create a team that includes your friends, family and co-workers. It’s a great way to raise even more money.
Here are the steps to form a team:
- Pick a team captain and team name. Team captain must register first to create team.
- Team captain will create the team page and set a fundraising goal.
- Each team member must register individually under the team name.
- Encourage team members to raise money and recruit friends for the team. There is no limit on team members and money you raise for the team.
- Email everyone you know and tell them why you are running/walking. If they are not comfortable in donating online, send them the offline form to donate or register.
- Make sure if they are writing a check to make all checks payable to “International Myeloma Foundation” or “IMF”. On the memo section please write “Miracles for Myeloma”.
- The team with the most money and with the most members will have their team mentioned in the program and their team will be displayed on the 2019 race shirt.
- Teams with 20 members or more will have their own table located behind the old club house. There will be colored coded with balloons. The teams shirts and bibs will already on the table for you and your team members that pre-registered.
Here are the steps to donate to a team:
- On the right side of the home page look for Find a Participant or Team.
- Next click on the Team button.
- Then you can type in the team you are trying to find or click the search button to see a complete list of teams.
- Click on the team that you would like to donate to.