Why Are You Holding A Virtual Event?
What Is A Virtual Race?
- A virtual race can be run or walked anytime of day or night. It can be done anywhere outside or completed on a treadmill in your home.
How Our Virtual Race Will Work
- Sign up and share with your family and friends!
- After registering online, you will recieve an email that has a link to your Miracles for Myeloma Racing Bib that you can wear while you are running or walking.
- Print and wear your Miracles for Myeloma 5K Racing Bib.
- Wear a prior Miracles for Myeloma T-shirt or maroon shirt while running.
- Complete a 5K (3.1 mile) any time in the month of September. (Record your best time and send it before September 18th)
- Run, walk, and remember to record your time for your team captain if you are on a team
- Email your time results to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are an individual runner.
- Download, share, and print your finisher certificate!
- Send us your pictures to email@example.com or @miraclesformyeloma
Can I Do The 5K All At Once Or Can I Do It In Segments?
- Most participants complete their run all at once, but we understand that not everyone is able to complete our minimum 5K distance in one outing.
- So set your goal – whatever that may be – and go out and accomplish it! If that means you need to break up your run into multiple segments, so be it. Just track your distance and time each day and email your TOTAL TIME after you have completed the TOTAL DISTANCE. Remember to send an email to your team captain, if you are on a team.
- If you are running for a medal, the 5K must be completed in one segment.
How Do I Track And Time My Run?
- We accept results on the honor system, so you can track your distance and time however you like. The most accurate way to do this is by using a Running GPS watch, but there are also several free smartphone apps available for iPhones and Android devices that you may be interested in.
Where Do I Upload My Results?
- You will email your results to firstname.lastname@example.org Before the deadline of 11:00am on 9/18. We will mail the medals for 1st place Male, 1st place Female and 1st place Child Under 12 at the end of each race period. We encourage all participants to submit the results, along with a photo we can post in our Photo Gallery.
- If you cannot participate by attending, please support us by making an online donation. Just click on the ‘Donate’ button.
How Do I Purchase A Miracle Marker?
At this time, we are also looking for Miracle Marker Sponsors. If you have a business or know someone who does and would like to sponsor a Miracle Marker, please email us @ email@example.com
We will then send you an application to purchase a Miracle Marker. If you are on a team and purchase a Miracle Marker, your team will be credited for the purchase towards your team total.
The Miracle Marker will be displayed on our website for everyone to see.
The price for a Miracle Marker is $300.00