Virtual Team Info
Miracles for Myeloma is about supporting each other. Creating a team increases visibility within the community and brings friends and family together to have fun. One way to do this is to create a team that includes your friends, family and co-workers. It’s a great way to raise even more money.
Here are the steps to form a team:
- Pick a team captain and team name. Team captain must register first to create a team.
- Team captain will create the team page and set a fundraising goal.
- Each team member must register individually under the team name.
- Encourage team members to raise money and recruit friends for the team. Social Media will help here. There is no limit on team members and money you raise for the team.
- Email everyone you know and tell them why you are running/walking. If they are not comfortable in donating online, send them the offline form to donate or register.
- Make sure if they are writing a check to make all checks payable to “International Myeloma Foundation” or “IMF”. On the memo section please write “Miracles for Myeloma”.
- The team with the most money and with the most members will have their team mentioned in the program and their team will be displayed on the 2021 race shirt.
This year we will be starting a Team Mileage Challenge.
- Each member can challenge themselves to accumulate as many miles as they can for their team. The team who has the most cumulative miles at the end of the event window will be dubbed the 2020 Miracles for Myeloma Team Mileage Champion! Their team name will be on next year’s T-shirt. There is no limit to how many team members can log miles or how many miles any one member can log. Keep recruiting members to your team to increase your chances of becoming the Team Mileage Champion! Have a few go-getters with lots of weekly mileage? Even better! Both running and walking count! Please have your team captain email your cumulative miles to email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday 9/25. The Champion will be announced on Saturday during Opening Ceremonies.
Here are the steps to donate to a team:
- On the right side of the home page look for Find a Participant or Team.
- Next click on the Team button.
- Then you can type in the team you are trying to find or click the search button to see a complete list of teams.
- Click on the team that you would like to donate to.
Team Guys Guys 2019 Matlosz's Against Myeloma 2019